SEWF 2022 updates you can’t miss!
“The meaningful connections made at SEWF … was like finding the various missing pieces in our organisation’s jigsaw puzzle, ones which empowered us to turn theory into action, and make our purpose whole”. ⏤ Kenneth Kwok, Global Citizen Capital
Alongside SEWF 2022 Co-host, White Box Enterprises, we’re delighted to announce the first (of many) SEWF22 speakers! As the flagship event for the global social enterprise community and through our program of events, SEWF provides an opportunity for purpose-led individuals, policymakers, philanthropists and social entrepreneurs to connect, learn and be inspired.
SEWF22 speakers and program announced
Daniel Flynn, co-founder of Thankyou, Kate Raworth, internationally recognised economist and author of Doughnut Economics, as well as Clothing The Gaps co-founder, Laura Thompson are among the first speakers to be announced for SEWF22 (28-29 September). Our speaker line-up also includes Alex Toselli (Hotel Etico), Eloise Hall (TABOO), Jess Moore (Social Enterprise Australia), Liandra Gaymangu (Enterprise Learning Projects), Luke Terry (White Box Enterprises), Natasha Short (Kimberley Jiyigas (Birds)), Nick Pearce (HoMie), Tiarne Shutt (First Australians Capital) and Usman Iftikhar (Catalysr).
The SEWF22 program is also available online.
SEWF 2022 fringe events
In addition to SEWF22, there are a number of fringe events including the Social Enterprise Bus Tours (26 & 30 September) running in Brisbane and regional Queensland, Youth Forum (27 September) for under 30s, the Academic Symposium (27 September), SEWF22 After Party (29 September) and the Rural Gathering (2-5 October).
- Social Enterprise Bus Tours: For those who plan on joining SEWF22 in person in Brisbane, the Social Enterprise Bus Tours will give you an opportunity to join social enterprise leaders and others doing great things in the community while experiencing the social enterprise ecosystem first-hand across four different locations in Queensland.
- SEWF 2022 Youth Forum: The Youth Forum is a hybrid event with options for participation online or in person in Brisbane and by attending the Youth Forum, young participants will have an opportunity to get answers to some of the most pressing questions they have about building and growing their social enterprises and ideas, while also connecting with others.
- Academic Symposium: The Academic Symposium is hosted by the Australian University Social Enterprise Alliance in association with SEWF 2022. Registration and Abstract Submissions are now open (deadline 18 July)!
- SEWF22 After Party (29 September): Be sure to get your ticket to the SEWF22 After Party to celebrate the end of the Social Enterprise World Forum 2022 week in Brisbane with friends, old and new!
- Rural Gathering: The Rural Gathering is hosted by ACRE in association with SEWF 2022. Due to the immersive design of the program, spaces are limited and by expression of interest (open until 16 July).