SEWF connects and supports the social enterprise movement with world-class learning, ecosystem and policy planning, and through promoting best practices and innovations by social enterprises around the world.
Our events are influential, energetic, and essential to building the movement. Since the first Global SEWF in Edinburgh in 2008, the SEWF Global Forum has become the annual international event of choice for social enterprise practitioners, policymakers, and supporters.
This year, SEWF is going virtual for our largest ever global gathering! Learn more about SEWF Digital.
Building Global Communities of Practice
All social enterprises are important to the movement. SEWF has a unique focus on elevating and convening rural social enterprises through our rural symposiums and our digital communication platforms. Learn more about our work to connect rural social enterprise leaders and practitioners around the globe.
SEWF also hosts a Youth Forum in conjunction with our Global Forum. Our Youth Forum connects young leaders from around the world and recognises the power young people have to carry the social enterprise movement forward.
Get involved by partnering on one of our events
SEWF developed a regional model to accelerate social enterprise growth in regions where social enterprise is emerging. SEWF will respond where local actors feel social enterprise is needed and a SEWF event can help progress a shared vision by convening social enterprise leaders, policymakers, and supporters.
What you need to know about hosting a Regional Forum:
- The Forum should be a significant regional event to advance the social enterprise movement on a continent or in a region. This should be an area where social enterprise is underdeveloped or where a regional event would result in strategic alliances and social enterprise sector growth.
- The event will have at least 3 SEWF presenters from our staff, Board, and advisory group in the programme. Social enterprise will be the main theme of the event.
- This event will take place in March-May to avoid a clash with the annual Global Forum. The event is expected to have 500-1,000 people in attendance. Attendance should be regional and not just national/local, and marketing will be confined to the host continent/region to avoid detracting from the SEWF Global Forum.
SEWF is happy to consider partnership requests from global enterprises working to create a new global impact economy. Recent partner events include the Asia Pacific Social Enterprise Summit (APSES), Taiwan and the Young Leaders & Entrepreneurs Summit, Pakistan.
What you need to know before applying for SEWF to partner on an event:
- A partner event must deal with a social enterprise as a major track or theme and it must contribute to building the social enterprise movement. The partner event will add value to the SEWF mission, regional, and global forums.
- A participation agreement would be agreed upon after the partner proposal is approved. When required, SEWF C.I.C. technical support, promotion, and other inputs will be chargeable.
- SEWF C.I.C. will be identified as an “Event Partner” and the event will have SEWF presenters.
- The partner event must avoid dates and locations that would clash with the SEWF Global Forum.
- The partner proposal should be submitted to SEWF C.I.C. at least 6 months before the event start date. The full SEWF Board will discuss and agree on the partner proposal.
Host an event
We are not currently accepting expressions of interest for our Global Forum as we have hosting arrangements through 2023. We don’t follow a very strict continental rotation system, but our approach for 2024 and beyond will include reaching out to social enterprise sector organisations, intermediaries, and agencies in our priority regions. We award the Global Forum bid 24 months before the event occurs; our dialogue with potential 2024 hosts will begin in early 2022. If you are interested in hosting a future Global Forum, we are happy to hear from you and to note your interest at any time.
What you need to know about hosting the Global Forum:
- This is the primary annual event in the global social enterprise calendar. This event carries an international, regional, and local legacy.
- The Global Forum is a dedicated social enterprise event and its main focus is advancing the global social enterprise movement.
- Bidders for the SEWF Global Forum will be expected to have attended a previous SEWF event to understand the format, ambition, and culture.