Our activities and impact
What started out as an annual event has grown into an organisation that provides a range of activities serving not only social enterprises but also policymakers, corporates, academics and more.
The SEWF Impact Model
Social enterprise is part of a global response to a broken economic system that is increasing inequality and causing a climate emergency. SEWF’s goal is to grow the global social enterprise movement to accelerate our transition to a new global impact economy. We do this using a three-pronged approach to increase our impact, reach and authority.
Championing the potential of social enterprise to bring about inclusive and sustainable economic development.
- Working with policymakers to develop and introduce policies and initiatives.
- Engaging more corporate partners to develop social enterprise supply chains.
- Working with social enterprise agencies and governments to develop social enterprise ecosystems.
Strengthening the social enterprise movement by providing opportunities for global community building and networking.
- Delivering SEWF events and supporting partner events.
- Supporting the development of communities of practice around specific areas, including rural social enterprise, social procurement and youth.
- Developing partnerships with social economy agencies.
Capacity & Capability
Building a bank of accessible social enterprise resources and working in partnership to increase capacity within the sector.
- SEWF Resource Library and video archive.
- Improving social enterprise education and research.
- Developing partnerships with capacity-building agencies.
Events remain the backbone of the work we do at SEWF. Having proven that a digital event model can work, we have expanded our event offering to provide even more opportunities for networking, idea sharing, inspiration and learning throughout the year. We will be exploring and developing face-to-face and blended events for the future.
Effective government policy has the greatest potential to grow the social enterprise movement and help transition the world to a global impact economy. SEWF is involved in a number of activities designed to support the development of effective social enterprise policy and strategy. These include curating and conducting research and our new Social Procurement Community of Practice, which will launch in April 2021.
A large part of how we support social enterprises and policymakers is through our extensive bank of resources. These include our global mapping project, video archive, database of strategies (country, state, provincial and municipal), and social procurement policies and research. These are available to access free of charge.
Whatever your involvement or interest in social enterprise, find out more about how you can get involved with our mission to champion the social enterprise sector and accelerate the creation of a global impact economy.Get involved